9/25/12

Scotland Bound

 
It's been awhile since I have posted anything.  I have been preoccupied with my recuperation from rotator cuff surgery in early July...not a pleasant experience...but it was time.  However, I am on the road to recovery...still in physical therapy..but will soon graduate! Unable to use my painting arm, I used these months to reflect on my art...I looked back a bit, but mostly looked to the future and where my art will take me.

I am off to Scotland for a week.  A trip that has been in the works for months.  I am hoping to be totally inspired by what I see, what I do, and who I meet there.  It's the people part of my experiences in life that mean so much to me and probably influence my art the most.

So...I will soon be back at my painting table, surrounded by luscious colors.  But until then, I thought I would close with one of many pithy Scottish sayings that seems so appropriate at the end of my summer painting hiatus ..'A misty morning may become a clear day'...




2 comments:

Simply Pretty Stuff said...

good post girl! Did not know you had surgery!! ouch. I don't always keep up on the blogging reads. Have a great time in Scotland. You will indeed, be inspired. We were heading for Germany but postponed our excursion. Greg's mom has been really really sick this year so a lot of help was needed there. Hey, I am going to be a grandma! You can give me some pointers ;)
xo

Toni Burns said...

Hey Lynne, finally read your comment...Scotland was wonderful! I am working on a thistle design for Christmas...congratulations on the grandbaby...there is nothing like being a grandma.

Welcome! Here you will find the old made new and the new made cool with the swish of a paint brush!

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."-Pablo Picasso